Five recommendations: How can research be open and enable academic careers?
Scientific institutions can and promote open research by:
1. making clear their commitment to open research through an open research policy
2. nominating dedicated personnel such as open science officers to entrench open research
3. stating open research and teaching as a prerequisite in job advertisements and thereby promoting open research through human resources policy
4. recognizing and rewarding the additional effort related to open science in teaching
5. recognizing and rewarding the practice of open science in research