The Leipzig University, Faculty of History, Arts and Oriental Studies, Institute of African Studies announces the following position to be appointed as soon as possible:
(limited to 3 years, 60 percent of a full-time employment) Remuneration on salary scale TVL-13 (60%, app. 1420 €/month net)
- Research within the research project „Doing the City: Wayfinding as a Socio-Spatial Practice in Urban Africa” (funded by the DFG, 2017-2020).
- Conduct research in Zanzibar and Leipzig
- Academic career development (ex. PhD)
- MA or equivalent in African Studies, Urban Studies, Social or Linguistic Anthropology, or related discipline
- Minimally near-mothertongue fluency of Swahili, excellent academic writing and communication skills in English
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative research methods
- Ability to work as part of a team
Apart from relevant documentation of your qualifications, we request a description of your research question or tentative PhD project and how it relates to the research project (max. 4 pages).
If you are interested in applying, please write to:
Dr. Irene Brunotti for further information.
Application deadline: 31 July 2017
Severely disabled persons are encouraged to apply and will be given preferences in the case of equal suitability.