The Leipzig University, Faculty of History, Arts and Oriental Studies, Institute of African Studies announces the following position to be appointed as soon as possible:
2 positions for Junior Researchers
(limited to 3 years, 60 percent of a full-time employment) Remuneration on salary scale TVL-13 (60%, app. 1420 €/month net)
- Research within the research project “oing the City: Wayfinding as a Socio Spatial Practice in Urban Africa”(funded by the DFG, 2017-2020)
- Conduct fieldwork in Bobo-Dioulasso (Burkina Faso) and Leipzig
- Academic career development (ex. PhD)
- MA or equivalent in African Studies, Urban Studies, Social Anthropology, Human Geography or related discipline
- Excellent academic writing and communication skills in English; fluent in French;
- Jula language skills are a major advantage
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative research methods
- Ability to work as part of a team
Apart from relevant documentation of your qualifications, we request a description of your research question or tentative PhD project and how it relates to the research project (max. 4 pages).
If you are interested in applying, please write to:
Prof. Dr. Katja Werthmann for further information.
Application deadline: 31 July 2017
Severely disabled persons are encouraged to apply and will be given preferences in the case of equal suitability.