Doctoral Researcher at University of Cologne -
Project B04 „Projecting Futures“
The position is available from 01.04.2018 on a 65% time basis. It is limited to the 31. 03.2021.
The Collaborative Research Center (CRC) „Future Rural Africa.
Future-making and social-ecological transformation“
combines expertise from the two Universities of Bonn and
Cologne to study newly emerging issues of social-ecological
transformation and future-making in Africa. Project B04
„Projecting Futures“ invites applications for 1 doctoral researcher.
- Collaboration in the subproject „Projecting Futures: Intergenerational
Tensions and Competing Visions of Future
Rift Valley, Kenya“ (Project leader Prof. Dorothea
- Conceptual and content-related participation in activities
of the research network
- Participation in the design of the regional research and
teaching focus „Africa“
- Regular presence (outside the fieldwork times)
- highly qualified and motivated student holding a MA
or equivalent degree in Social Anthropology
- excellent knowledge of research methodology and relevant
- solid experience in empirical research
- Very good command of written and spoken English
- Ability and willingness to travel independently for extended
periods of time (fieldwork)
- readiness and ability to grow intellectually and professionally
good organizational skills and capacity for multi-tasking
WE OFFER YOU
- an outstanding international research environment
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models, full-time positions suitable for job sharing
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with the reference number WISS1801-05 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is 31.01.2018..